AFTV5 is a non-profit and non-partisan video production organization with a social focus. Aftv5 is committed to the value of community television, delivering alternatives to commercial broadcast television. We aim to provoke thought, create positive impact in our communities, foster change and provide a voice for diversity and expression.
Aftv5 seeks to report and to expose the African and African American community experiences and their interaction with the greater community. Through the exposure of the culture, AFTV5 provides a window into its customs
Our Mission is to
- Prepare the next generation of Africans to take its place in Africa policy development arenas.
- Identify and support the pool of African leaders in community-based programs and public service careers.
- Offer educational and leadership development programs to Africans.
- Provide the opportunity to explore public service and public policy careers.
- Discuss current events and policy initiatives and see close up leadership at its very best by working with and learning from community leaders and Africans experts.
Our Vision is to
Sweep people up in our story and inspire them by what we are doing so they become followers, consumers, and promoters of our brand. As a full scale production organization, AFTV5 wants to continuously produce compelling videos that:
- Make a difference in our communities and in our world.
- Expose the African culture to the greater community and give Africa and African American communities the tools and the opportunities to tell its own stories knowing that each voice and viewpoint matters.
- Plan seeds of hope and inspiration to everyone in our communities who will listen.
- Speak to our community’s values and cultures.
- Focus on the human condition and connect with each viewer’s heart and mind.
Our Goal is to
Create quality videos that tell stories and help our communities reflect on their condition as citizens/humans/meaningful souls in order to spur progress in our society. Our production intends to recognize and celebrate the unheard voices that have truly made a difference in their communities and their world, one in which we are all connected. This of course, we feel, is what really matters in the end.
Our Intention is to
Train volunteers who work side by side with professional television producers to bring unique, Africa programming to TV viewing choices. We plan to include issues that matter, entertainment that brightens African day and information African can rely on. Every day, AFTV5 professional staff and dedicated volunteers intent to be in locations all over Africa to provide television coverage of the local sporting, cultural, political and human events that makes up the very fabric of Africa communities. Our programming celebrates Africans’ life, as they live it.